Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 min Tempo 2 X 12 LT

OK, the butt cramp is better. So, I hit it hard tonight. I noticed on the first LT, about three minutes in, my heart rate dropped four beats. Sorry, no power meter. So, I bumped up the RPMS about 5. Heart rate gradually climbed. Second LT I hit harder. Keep my heart rate two or three beats under VO2 Max. the last five minutes, I added a couple RPM, heart rate slightly responded.

Take away - A couple RPM did not jack heart rate. Where as, A couple RPM could be the difference between staying in the front third and dropping to the back. If I drop to the back, I gotta be ready for yoyo. Just say no to yoyo!

Great work out!!! Gonna go easy tomorrow. Saturday, weather permitting, hit it with the 'Gades.

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head. Ben, you are using the HR in all the most opportune ways. The name of the game right now is to learn where you are efficient.

    Don't add too much to those workouts. remember, its not Mar/Apr we are looking for. SUMMER when you like it hot!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete